View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiw View Post
Oh Allfe, I did not know. Please don't give up on your grandkids and making amends. It is never too late until it is over. It took 5 years of estrangement from my father to make amends. It took the death of my mother to realize my grandparents and her side of the family did not like my father and were not able to be in my life because of it. For whatever reasons I still don't know, they stayed in minimal contact with me after and I wish it weren't so. They've long passed away and there is no going back there. I've finally acknowledged and come to terms with me being but a teen going through grief, & it was their responsibility to not give up on reaching out to me. I cherish our few memories & wish there were more. I wish my aunt would call, visit, or tell me stories about what my mom was like--- but she doesn't. She doesn't know this is what I really want. Same for you with your grandkids. They would be lucky to have you in their lives. Keep trying and don't give up on them. Even if it's a card. From my personal experience, it will be cherished. And you never know what the future holds. Things change. I never thought I'd be traveling the country with my father, but I will be in the next few months.
I don't have time right now to post but I getting the best gift ever...our grandson is arriving shortly with his family for several days!! I can hardly believe it and I swear, the word suicide will not leave my mouth!!

Thank you God!!!

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Andy_Pablo (10-09-2014), anon1028 (10-09-2014), bizi (10-10-2014), DMACK (10-11-2014), eva5667faliure (10-10-2014), FeelinGoofy (10-11-2014), Lara (10-09-2014)