View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello Canterclan

When the MRI says that the nerves are being impinged upon, that is usually when they do something in a surgical manor. Try every conservative thing you can do. That includes another evaluation by a neuro for a second opinion. Ask about PT before you engage. Do not see a chiropracter unless your neurologists says that is OK to do.
There are also older forms of medicine not known about too much here in the USA. Neuromuscular Therapist, has a certain training that is nothing like massage as we know it. It is thousands of years old.
I have had two spinal fusions, and I had some really severe issues with the ulner nerve in my right arm, almost lost the function of my arm and hand. . So I tried this Neuro muscular therapist, it works, and also is helping the rest of my spine which isn't in the best of shape below the site of fusions.
Ask your doctor about this, as maybe a form of therapy to try. Also acupuncture, worth the effort to try.

Research any injections that are wanting to be tried. There are lots of opinions about those injections as well. Some work for people, other people get no relief at all.
I am sorry you are having pain. Keep going forward, until you can find something that will give you some relief. I see a physiatrist, which is a field of medicine that does all the usual MD things, but they also think outside the box, such as with this neruo muscular massage and acupuncture, nutrition etc. I wish you all the best. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote