View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 04:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little KC View Post
I have a 13 year old who has just spent a year with burning/stabbing lateral thigh pain before she had a diagnosis of Meraglia Paresthetica. We are considering the radiofrequency ablation at the University of Michigan. But the doctor had us try a topical nerve block first, which is a compounded mixture of lidoderm, nuerontin and an antiimflamatory. It is like a miracle cure right now. It has completely numbed her nerve pain. SHe had been so disabled by this pain over this last year but now she is rarely in pain and is weaned off lyrica and other pain meds.
I can post the exact coumpound so others can research or ask their doctors about it if requested.
It has been 5 weeks and we no longer are in need of getting the ablation. The Ann Arbor pharmacy said this coumpound can be used for a long time with no complications. Only a little of the actual medicine is actually absorbed so there are little side effects.
My daughter developed MP after fracturing her pelvis a year ago doing the splits. THe injuried leg was the leg that went backwards injuring this nerve.
KC
Please let me know the compound mixture and is her relief still present?
sidster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote