View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carterclan09 View Post
I have been having numbness in my finger tips pain in neck mostly between my shoulder blades. Had a mri and the results were
C4-5 mild disc protrusion with impression on the thecal sac but no cord impingment or spinal stenosis.
C5-6 slight focal central disc protrusion without cord impingement
Impressionisc protrusion at C4-5 and to a lesser extent also C5-6

Now I was under the impression that a protrusion was the same as a herniation but it states on mri results that there is no herniation to be seen. So what is a protrusion excatly? And is this the cause to my pain? Should I request a further mri in the top portion of my back? I have a lot of shoulder pain that isn't being relieved by Tylenol. Also getting daily headaches that worsen at night. Plz help me. My family practioner offered NSAIDs and pt.. With the mri results what do I do tough it out hope it gets better? I can't afford pt so been doing some excersises at home that my weight trainer husband has been helping with. Not much pain has been eliminated.. Suggestions plz
If you want a bigger bang for the buck, ask your doc about whether a Medrol dose pak makes sense for you and if that fails, you might do well with ESI!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote