View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

You are absolutely correct! The opening can be the size of the head of a pin. Your symptoms are connected to something abnormal so you need to keep searching for a diagnosis. I'm sorry the oral surgeons have not been helpful. Could you try to locate an oral surgeon who is also an MD? Sometimes the surgeons with the dual degree, DDS or DMD along with an MD, are better diagnosticians.

Hopefully this will not go on much longer... hang in there!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
Bryanna,

Thank you for your concern. What usually baffles the oral surgeons is that there is no obvious hole in my gum from where the fluid comes out, so they dismiss the possibility of an oral-antral fistula. I read somewhere, though, that the hoke could be as small a thread, which is my theory. That there is small in which saliva enters and keeps the infection going not let my sinus properly heal.

I have a significant amount of fluid come out of my gum everyday, so there just has to be some type of hole somewhere. It might not be the type commonly encountered, though, but there has to be one.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote