View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi sidster,

I know you are looking for someone that has had surgery for MP and want to know how it went. Your post seems directed to Wendy since she had the surgery. She has not posted since June of 2010 so I am not sure you will get a response. Just so you don't feel left hanging, I thought I would jump in and respond.

Surgery for MP, if done by the correct surgeon, usually has excellent results but there are also some that have stated it was a failure. Personally, I think there are a limited number of surgeons that are successful at removing the LFCN or correcting the entrapment.

It is very difficult to find someone not only willing to do the surgery but also well versed in MP and capable of performing it successfully from my research on the matter.

Finding someone here that has had a successful MP surgery may be rare because they are cured and busy living their life, free of MP pain.

A few things to note about surgical removal of the LFCN. The thigh area affected will be numb forever and you do not come out of recovery magically without pain in your thigh. It takes several months before the pain sensations disappear.

From those that have had the surgery, they have said it took several months before they were sure that the surgery had been successful. For those that have had successful removal of the LFCN, they are thrilled to be free of the pain. Not all that have undergone the surgery have had successful outcomes.

Do you have a surgeon ready and willing to do the surgery? Have you considered radio frequency ablation of the LFCN?
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote