View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 07:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Diagnosed post viral syndrome. Do I keep pushing?

I'm new here and wanted to get some opinions on my recent health problems. I am 25, male, white and had shingles 1.5 years ago.

A little over a month ago I was having throat tightness that seemed to be slightly effecting my swallowing. My pcp diagnosed a sinus infection based on post nasal drip. I was subscribed augmentin. A few days into augmentin I noticed stiff hands and eventually leg and arm weakness. About a week in I had lack of leg reflexes and then a week and a half after that I had no arm reflexes. I have had the weakness issue for about four weeks now. Along with weakness, I've had some tingling, tightness, shakiness, and twitching that is increased by activity. Additionally, I get a mild burning sensation in the affected areas that feels like a sunburn. The worst of the weakness seems to have passed but it is still noticable and worse with more activity. My feet sweat all the time and I get overheated walking to the quarter mile to my car at wok despite it being 60 degrees. I am also having trouble keeping weight on despite eating more than usual. I've also noticed more frequent urination.

Currently I am feeling very heavy in my neck and back, like I have a bag of sand ony shoulders. My strength is better in my arms and legs but still notice symptoms with more activity. I also feel as if I am hoarse but my doctor said I still have significant post nasal drip.

First diagnosis was lyme, then mild guillain barre, and now post viral syndrome. Blood tests normal except for speckled Ana titers at 1:80. MRI only showed a large retention cyst in my sinus. Two negative lyme tests and no abnormalities on my emg/ncs. I should note that my vision has felt weaker than normal, but I've had bad vision for sometime and frequently do not wear my glasses. No double vision though or drooping eyelids. My neurologist put me on neurontin which I believe is causing me vertigo and possibly the blurred vision.

Should I continue to seek out additional tests?
Rockthecasbah121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote