View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have just had a most amazing 69th birthday in Yellowstone Park. We parked at one of our favorite fishing spots and Doug stepped out to walk the dogs. He came dashing back, herding the dogs into the van. Less than 30' away was a wolf! It ambled through the area, oblivious to the camera sounds, swam across the river, shook himself and disappeared into the forest. I didn't catch any fish there but what a present!

I have decided that fly fishing is another dopamine releaser. Several times I have forgotten to take my Sinemet for two or more hours and then I realize I'm way off schedule. I hadn't biked for a week until this morning when, despairing of my ability to even bike at any cadence for an hour, I forced myself to try. I went for an hour at an average cadence of 80 and feel great.

More on the birthday. Each year I try to catch my birthday in inches of fish. Alas, this year I caught 53", far short of my age of 69. But it was a lovely day. Yesterday I caught 71" of fish, some in the bank for next year and this morning we saw another wolf! Totally unexpected, something we've never seen in this area of the park.

Have a great day.

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (10-10-2014), Stand Tall (10-10-2014)