View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

I think you went to a blind oral surgeon. Seriously......!

Perhaps the sinus infection is draining down your throat and when you pinch your nose closed then the build up from the applied pressure brings the crap up from your throat. But why it lands in the extraction site and comes out the invisible hole is beyond me!!

If the polyp is correlated to the infection that was coming from that tooth then perhaps the polyp is actually where the communication is...??? Still does not explain the stuff coming out of the invisible hole though.

By any chance has any of these dentists taken a periapical xray of that area? Sometimes a communication will show on that type of xray... even really tiny ones.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
Hi,guys

I just saw another oral surgeon today and he said that there is absolutely no hole based on my ct and mri scans. His theory is that the fluid comes from my throat and collects in the left gum extraction site. I just dont see how the fluid can come from my throat and make it all the way up there.

I can close my nose, put pressure and SEE it bubble out of my gum. But the oral surgeon today said that for the amount of fluid i say that is coming out, there has to be a larger hole.

We both agree though that there is a polyp and i have a sinus infection. The polyp needs to be taken care of.

I'm seeing an ent wednesday. Hopefully the ent gives som

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote