View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 05:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Merlin, I can understand the need for support team. We too have good support with family, but neurologist we don't care for, he is not there for us. Thinking of changing. Its almost like he thinks Dean is lying about headaches. He wont give him any pain meds cause they cause "rebound headaches". So Dean usually suffers, until the pain gets to a 9 out of 10 I have tordol shots I can give him from our family Dr, which he hates to use. God Bless your wife cause I know how Dean is crabby when he gets a bad headache, but trust me We love you guys or we wouldn't be here helping and supporting, and sticking by you, but that's what marriage is about right? the good and the bad. Dean has a new pain tonight right under his shunt behind his ear, he is at work but says there is no swelling. I hope its not the shunt catheter. Dean too can't do much or he's in the dark room for a day or 2. We put up Halloween decorations and he was down the next day. Just cant do what he used to. Luckily he is a boss at work and has been there for 23 years and they work with him or he wouldn't be able to work. but if he has to go on any pain meds he won't be able to, works around machinery. I worry about him every day he is there. Anyway we are praying that the botox works and like you said can avoid the pain clinic. I will keep you in our prayers. Thanks merlin, it helps me to just talk about it but no one around here really understands what he is going thru.
lisa
Lisa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote