View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default 7 months and counting

I I hit my head slightly on a wall almost exactly 7 months ago. I have had some improvement since the initial injury, but I am nowhere near what I thought I would be at this time. In the very beginning I was very sensitive to light and noise but the worst of the symptoms were the headaches. The noise and light sensitivity is still there and somewhat improving. My headaches though are still just terrible day to day, it is affecting me in a way I never thought possible. I was a very active 30-year-old running nearly 25 to 30 miles a week. I also played soccer twice a week. It's very frustrating not being able to do any of those things I enjoyed so much. Right now I would just like to be able to go a couple days without a pounding headache. trying to stay positive that things will get better soon, but not expecting it. For now just continue to work full-time and trying to take it easy as much as possible. For me right now the hardest part is the depression, some days aren't as bad as others, but those bad days I have, are really bad. For now just going day by day and hoping one morning I wake up and the headache is gone and doesn't come back. Hopefully soon I will be able to post my success story on here and give others some hope. To all those suffering out there, I wish you the best of luck in your recovery. Cheers for now.