View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstacey View Post
Infusion done, i feel less fatigued but no change in pain symptoms. it feels like i have hot pokers on the ends of my toes and the ball of my foot feels like an elephant stepped on it every time i walk.
Hopefully with some more time the infusion will make a difference though im not convinced.
I bought 10,000 IU vitamin D3 over the counter yesterday wahooooo and gentle iron capsules.
I may not win this battle but damnit im going down swinging!
Hello Stacy,

I have found that taking gabapentin does deplete certain vitamins and minerals. It is important to have your vitamin and mineral levels checked with blood work.

I have found that I needed to supplement with Vit D3, Folic Acid and B12 as my levels were low. I also take a multivitamin everyday.

A word on the gabapentin ... You have to start out on a low dose, I started with 100mg. worked up from there because you need to be tetered up and if you have to get off of it, you must get tetered down, for if you have a fast withdrawal will cause problems and possible seizures.

Teter up your gabapentin with your dr's knowledge and teter down the same way. Stay safe with it as it can do more harm than good.

I was tetered up on 2400mg before the Gabapentin gave me the relief I needed, as I have RRMS, Spinal Stenosis in my whole spine and nerve pain in my legs due to they think RLS.

Good luck and God Bless you Stacy
Strhuntrss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (10-14-2014)