View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
Do you have any function of your arm now? I had Erb's Palsy at birth, and as a result I had similar damage from stretching the brachial plexus. My mom did range of motion exercises with me, and it healed by age 3 months.

Get a really good attorney.
Eight,

After 9 months of religious PT, I have made some muscle mass improvements in my arm/shoulder, but no where near pre-op. I can lift my arm extended forward in the up/down position slowly with limited repetitions before I have to stop due to pain. Side (lateral) movement is about 35-40 degrees but with a good deal of pain. The shoulder deltoids are severely degraded. As far as backwards movement, I can get into my back pocket with some effort but that's the extent of movement in that direction. Constant burning, stabbing pains, under skin itching & spasms are common place still, along with numbness & oversensitivity on the top half of my hand/arm/shoulder. 1st 3 1/2 finger tips are still numb making using a remote control interesting. I'm so glad you had recovery, are you 100% or do you have any lingering issues? I have 3 malpractice attorneys currently reviewing my case.

Last edited by Rfcomm; 10-13-2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Adding another sentance
Rfcomm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote