View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecasey View Post
Rfcomm

I also had complications from TOS surgery like Alison stated.
In my case, I had to have 2 extra surgeries after the initial surgery due to "chyle lymph leaks", (Because my history is lengthy, you can view my past posts when you click on my screen name and arrow down to view past posts).
The brachial plexus nerves are vulnerable from being stretched, etc......I had damage to the nerves in the brachial plexus which was evident right after I came back to my room after the 3rd surgery.....my sister noticed it and she said to the nurse "why is her left eyelid drooping?"..."nurse said, was it like that before?" .....my sister said NO !!.....just imagine not once, but 3 times going in the same surgical site !!
Well, fast forward almost 4 years, I still have the droopy eyelid which is more evident when I am really tired & by the way I don't sweat on that side of my face either, which is also associated to the damaged nerves. When I went for eye exam the Doc said that it would not affect my vision in any way.

I know what you mean about the injury not being apparent to people, they just can even imagine what nerve pain is like....if only they could walk in our shoes. It's wise that you are working with attorney for the ssdi, just document everything for the attorney to forward to ssa and it will eventually go thru..count on 2 years from when you applied...you then likely will get a hearing.

With all that went on from my surgeries, etc. I now have more neck pain from scar tissue at the surgical site plus a pretty certain diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, which my current Doc says was triggered from all of the surgeries, nerve damage, etc. On meds to help with getting better sleep without pain although I still wake up in pain.... working on having more positive attitude is difficult when not knowing when the pain creeps up !!

Best to you

chloecasey
So sorry to hear about your ordeal Thank you for sharing your story with me. The last sentence of you post says it all, trying to stay positive & halfway cheerful when interacting with family/friends is hard because they don't understand. "working on having more positive attitude is difficult when not knowing when the pain creeps up !!" My Horners syndrome does effect my vision at times because the eyelid covers half the pupil at diff times during the day. Some days are better than others. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I means a lot to have some outside support!
Rfcomm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote