View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have not been tested for celiac's. Wouldn't stomach issues be a first sign of that? I would say I eat a pretty large amount of gluten. It would probably be helpful to know that I am a vegetarian and have been for well over 10 years but have never had symptoms like this before.

I am taking 650mg magnesium I believe. I am taking cyanocobalamin 500 mcg a day, but recently read I should probably take more as absorbtion rates can be a lot lower. The vitamin D is D3. I'm not on any antacids.

I am a little worried about Lupus. Doesn't that usually present in joint pain and swelling though? My joints appear fine and my pain and weakness seems to stem more from the muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with a nondescript diagnosis either!

Have you been tested for celiac disease? Since your B12 and D were low, that's a possibility. Are you on any antacids? That can reduce B12, iron, albumin, and calcium.

How much magnesium are you taking? Usually, people can get what they need from foods (i.e., nuts). It can be bad for MG if taken in too high of a dose.

Are you taking methylcobalamin? Many people have a MTHFR mutation and cannot convert cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin. I hope you'll take a separate supplement for that.

Are you taking D3?

I'm asking pretty obvious questions, but I don't want to assume anything.

Lupus is a funny disease. It can creep up slowly. And it comes in "flares." Pain and fatigue can be the first symptoms. I still think that a second opinion from a good rheumy is a smart thing to do. At least rule it out.

I think some doctors are allergic to thinking. I hope you can find a couple of them who aren't!

Annie
Rockthecasbah121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote