View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalblue View Post
Thank you for the replies LIT LOVE and Jo*mar.

I have another question. Is it true that they go by the rules from when you were first awarded rather than the current rules? Is the main goal they look out for a matter of whether or not your condition seems to be improving?

Is it more in my favor since it's an inherited condition (permanent)?

I don't remember ever receiving a CDR since I first receive SSDI since I was 18. That may mean that I have no point of reference. Is this bad or do they periodically check my medical records on their own?

I have also never been employed. Does this hurt or help my chances?

Thanks again.
Was your condition originally a listed impairment and no longer is? If there is a different rule change you're concerned about, please be more specific. For those that have been effected by changes in SS policy they seem to be given long form CDR right off the bat.

SS does generally expect you to see a doctor regularly, and if you have infections several times a year I would assume that would apply to you. They expect you to be to compliant with a doctor's treatment plan, but they won't request medical records for a short form, only if you undergo a long form CDR.

Working even part time can lead to more frequent reviews.

If you are interested in working from home (and capable), you might consider the Ticket To Work program.

You have to balance what makes sense as far as potentially risking your SS benefits and the financial reward of attempting to find a job that can accommodate your special needs.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote