View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I believe you are correct in considering disturbed gut flora (dysbiosis) as the culprit. A year ago I listened to a health program called "The People Pharmacy" where the guest was a gastro-interologist discussing the important role that a healthy human microbiome plays in ones health. His discussion was mainly about how fecal implants/transplants that are being done on people that have severe health problems in the gut, primarily C. difficile infections which are life threatening, with great success. He also mentioned that the fecal implants were being done by
patients with crohns disease as well as PWP, also showing efficasy. Dr Thomas Barody in Sydney Australia, a pioneer in this therapy, is also getting positive results. He calls his therapy "Human Probiotic Infusion". I know I personally suffer frow dysbosis as a result of broad spectrum antibiotic use given to me by my dermatologist to treat back acne. I took another round of Antibiotics in my early 20's, destroying my gut flora from which my microbiome never recovered. Gut flora exist in a state of dynamic equilibrium and once the balance of good versis pathogenic bacteria is compromised, it is difficult to get the gut flora back in healthy balance. Proobiotics and diet will not reestablish a healthy microbiome. One of the dominant bacterial species that resides in a healthy gut is Bacteroides genus, which does not exist in any probiotic. I have been researching "dysbiosis" for about 8 years now and have come to the conclusion that once ones gut flora has been obliterated from antibiotics, the only way to correct it is with a fecal flora implant. Hope this helps
Blackfeather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (10-15-2014)