View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What Was That, Some Kind of Polish Joke, Shelley? ('s Mom?)

i just realized i have committed a grave wrong which needs correcting.

ahem.

i gave the wrong jo credit for starting this fascinating thread.

jo55, my hat's off to you, and my nazi side salutes you with boot's properly spitshined and egg on ze face. heil~

if i am 25% german can i still be found 100% TOS disabled. that is my question for the hour. ponder this and get back to me posthaste! (i have no litigation pending whatsoever mind you, i just like to ***** with peoples' heads.)

...und vhere vere your during ze var, zhen?

johanna's still the smartest person in the room and it really ****** me off.

she's such a punk...

this is off topic, maybe not as much as you would think at first glance...

i think we never talked much about the german ancestry in my family because there was a deep shame attached to it in this country, starting around the time of the first world war. (then after a certain point, like i posted earlier, my mom did a "board fade" and we lost touch with that whole side of the family. such a pity.)

few people realize that german americans were horribly discriminated against in america. some were even interred (sp?), much as as the japanese americans were here in CA, during the second world war, had their businesses burned to the ground, or were run out of town in an atmosphere of hatred - even though many had been in this country for well over 100 years, as my great grandparents had been. disgraceful part of our history, and typical that our textbooks, largely written and published out of the east, are silent about it.

you don't hear much about righteous gentiles, either, i notice, unless you go looking.

but i wouldn't wish TOS on the most cold-hearted nazi walking the face of this earth. that's just how i feel about it.

getting back to the point i came dangerously close to making above, i wonder sometimes about the personality type of the "typical" TOS'er (i happen to think there is one, just an observation, a personal opinion if you will) and how much that plays into the development of the syndrome.

character traits and belief systems like perfectionism, obsessiveness, compulsivity, feelings of being driven, the puritan work ethic, performance-based, goal-oriented behaviors, shame-based family systems, all of it. i just wonder about it.

(now, why does such a large percentage of that stuff sound kinda germanic to me? also, sorta stiff upper lippy, though....veddy, veddy british. right-e-o! tennis, anyone? ouch, too one-sided, hurts to even think about. oy...)

do we have any asians on the TOS forum, ever? just a question

alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote