View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 08:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
I take carnosine now and did notice a difference inmy bodys response to it...though I also am practically sugar free diet (have my serving spoon of natural vanilla bean ice cream before bed at night) I bake with stevia/ truVia/ agave and xylitol and it has taken years to develop recipes using these alterate sweetners. Along with exercise , fresh organic vegies and fruits /fermented papya , and lots of beans...I do very well. My body doesn't show signs anymore of a downward spiral with PD ...only my face is showing progression...need a facelift and my eyes stare if dopamine gets too low
That's exciting Aunt Bean. I am convinced that diet plays a large role in the emergence of Parkinson's and it's retreat but we must keep in mind the PD won't disappear overnight as it took a while for the damage to occur! I presently am on Low sugar (which also means low carbs) (Trehalose is a good sugar, but I'm not sure Stevia is), coconut oil (and other good fats), organic foods, carnosine, B-complex, Phosphatidyl Serine, Curcumin and vitamin D. So far I am not taking any meds and it's been four years since I was diagnosed and I feel a little better each day especially since I started reducing sugars/carbs.

Dr. Perlmutter has alot of good information regarding good diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUGG-dkMLG4

Last edited by zanpar321; 10-16-2014 at 09:07 AM.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote