View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Just wow!!!

My son was born in September 2009. It seems after he turned one he started doing these weird jerky movements while making sounds with them. I mentioned them so many times to his dr. Finally she listened and sent us to a Pediatric Neurologist and not knowing all that I know now we was excited to have an appointment quickly with a p.a.. In April of 2012 She ordered an EEG. The tests came back he was having seizure activity. I was holding him during the test and I coughed a few times. My husband accused me of making my son sick and that he was on medicine for seizures because of me. I have been so torn up about this. I was so frustrated with this P.A and the dr we never ever met or ever was in the same room as my child. Never even touched my child. Yet she said he was having seizures. As the year passed he was having aggressive issues and I studied about red dye and took him off. He did great. He stopped his what ever he was doing the aggression went away. I found a new neuro for him. I LOVE this dr. He played with my son on the floor for over 30 minutes and just watched him and talked with him and us. He ordered a 24 hour EEG. It came back my son was not having seizures. We took him off his seizure medicine in June of 2013. A few months ago I discovered a laundry detergent for sensitive skin and was tired of having clothes that did not smell fresh. I started using it. He is having constipation issues we took him the a GI and he wanted him off of milk so I put him on chocolate almond milk. He wouldn't drink regular. He had his birthday and I made chocolate lego men. Many colors. I had put the dye thing in the back since I was hopeful and trusting he had out grown it. Then yesterday happened. I pick him up from his class and his teacher is really worried. She couldn't reach my son. She would say his name over and over again before he would respond. My hit a little girl and can not remember doing it. I was so sick to my stomach. Was the blank stare seizures back? I cried. I checked myself and told myself ok we have to figure this out. What is going on. Then I just typed into Google. Can food dyes cause seizures. MY WORLD CAME TO A STOP! Oh my gosh. I did not make my kid sick. Everything that I read is him. I TRUELY believe that the dyes are causing him to act this way. I am washing all his clothes, bedding towels, my bedding. EVERYTHING! There goes his milk and vitamins. I pray this is what it is. Hopefully in a few days he will be sleeping again. His sleep walking will calm down. He will be back to normal. I pray I never forget what dyes do to him!
angelatx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote