View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

YAY!! Finally a doctor who knows what they are doing!! Can you believe what you've had to go through to get a definitive diagnosis???

We knew all along it was dental related.... and I am so glad that you have pursued this! Most likely the culprit of this whole problem is the result of that extracted root canaled tooth which was previously infecting the bone. When the tooth was removed, either the area was not surgically debrided thoroughly or the infection was so high up that it was not clinically visible. However, every dentist that you have seen should have been able to figure this out without difficulty!! Oye :/

Please keep us informed and hopefully this situation will be behind you very soon.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
Hi All

Went to the ENT today. I managed to record my gum releasing some fluid and was able to show it to her today. She took a good look at my gums and at my CT and MRI.

She said for sure that the fluid is not coming out of my throat. That would be defying gravity.

According to her, I have two separate problems. There's no denying something is coming out of my gums. I have a sinus infection as well, but it's not related now to the sinuses. It may have been before, but there seems to be no connection between the two. She thinks the infection that is letting out the fluid is in the gum/bone and that it's necessary to fix that infection first.

She admitted that she can't fix it, that it's a matter for the oral surgeons. She believes it can be fixed. She kept my MRI and is asking one of her coworkers who focuses more on ENT surgery for a second opinion. She said she would call me within the next two days and give me her final opinion and my MRI back. I asked if she knew any oral surgeons who could fix it and she said yes.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote