View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Negative Test Results

Ok I'm new to this so I apologize upfront for any miscues. My symptoms started 8 months ago mainly being out of breath and as the summer approached my symptoms worsened to include general muscle weakness and fatigue upon exertion. My arms and legs feel like they have lead in them, difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath, blurred vision. I went to primary care and had complete blood workup all negative. I was sent to a cardiologist for a complete work up including heart cath all negative. Then on to a Nuero his intial comment was MG he did one blood test and an EMG on my right extremities both negative he then changed his diagnosis to Malaise wasn't aware that was a diagnosis. Then 2nd Nuero his initial diagnosis was MG as well. He has done MRI, complete EMG, sleep study, and more blood work that he said should have been done to date all negative, except for sleep study I don't have those results yet. He started me on trial dose of Mestinon 60mg 3x daily seems to help some. My follow up with him is tomorrow the 17th any suggestions on what I should ask or other paths to take. This affects my ability to work. I read something on another thread that read ´Specific sets of fluctuating muscle weakness that are exacerbated by heat & repetitive muscle use, improve with rest and cooling´
That describes my symptoms exactly and I'm wondering what else it could be the only reason I think I have MG is because that's what 2 Nueros thought upon examination. I hate to admit this but I had never heard of MG prior to seeing the first Nuero. Thanks for allowing me to vent I would appreciate any advise from any member willing to respond. Thanks
Edalone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote