View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 07:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Hey Harry! What study did you link? Could you link it again so I can see it? I have not seen studies or documents per se, but it is a known fact mentioned by top docs and all of the credible RSD/CRPS resources on the web that there is no known cure. There is remission though. And to me, when you say resolving itself you mean being cured. But if you do in fact have RSD/CRPS and you get better, symptoms dissipate, then you are experiencing remission not a cure. Remission can last forever or just a month...my remission lasted several years. But in dealing with this for almost 24 years, I have never seen a proven cure, only remission.

I am not trying to argue with you about this, so please please don't take it that way.
Hi Nanc,

I didn't think you were argueing. I don't have nearly enough knoweldge to argue. The best I can hope to do is ask questions and link to other sources that might be related to questions. The study i tried to link was

"Complex regional pain syndrome type I: incidence and prevalence in Olmsted county, a population-based study.
Sandroni P1, Benrud-Larson LM, McClelland RL, Low PA.".

I couldn't find a free version online. However, I would reccomend you read:

The Outcome of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type 1:
A Systematic Review
Debbie J. Bean,* ,y Malcolm H. Johnson,* ,y and Robert R. Kydd*

Which i did find online for free. Though, this review focuses on outcomes and not "cures", and largely seems to highlight that high variablity of CRPS.
HarryDresden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (10-16-2014)