View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannajane View Post
I surely hope you are cured....however, I must say, I have a skeleton in my closet. When I was 14 I had mysterious foot pain, swelling, etc after a surgery. I was studied by 17 drs in multiple hospitals they all concluded that desire my age I had RSD. I struggled well into my 20s. They'd try different treatments and meds.....at 18 I quit everythimg and was ****** cause nothing worked! When I was 23 it stopped....all of the pain and chaos gone. I have no idea why or what made it disappear. As I got older I became confident that I had been misdiagnosed....until this year. I am 38 and was diagnosed with a scaphoid non Union with avascular neurosis as a result of preizers disease. Post surgery the pain was unreal and haunting....here I sit with another RSD diagnosis. I would just be cautious as I don't believe it goes away forever.
I hear ya HannaJane and I'm so sorry you're going through it again I did read through all your previous posts the other day before responding to you in another thread, so I knew you'd had it as a child, lost it for years, and had it resurface recently.

I'm on my phone and can't type enough to do it justice, but my belief is that from a purely physical standpoint, RSD is an autoimmune condition, so I do take related precautions after any trauma I experience. (Actually they'd be "postcautions" I guess.) I also do a lot of physical/mental/spiritual bodywork and monitoring.

Ugh I'm sure this all sounds pretty hokey. I know I would read this and think that.

Regardless thanks very much for your input! I really hope you find relief again soon. Would love to help you any way I can - maybe we could compare notes as to what may have caused your previous long term remission.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (10-16-2014)