View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi angelatx,
I'm so sorry to hear that your son started to have seizures (sz.) again. My advice to you is to have your son see an Epileptologist (Dr. who specializes in epilepsy) I have found that these Drs. can pinpoint the cause of a sz. and find out what are the best meds to take with the least side effects and I've had epilepsy for 42 yrs. You can usually find these Drs. at a big hospital or a University hospital.
It sounds like the neuro needs to do a special e.e.g. on your son to see if certain colors may be triggering sz. for him. I had one done and they flashed different color lights and this is when I found that I was photosensitive meaning certain colors were triggering sz. for me. Try putting your son on Vitamin B12 500 mcg. once a day this has greatly reduced my sz. because the B12 helps calm the nerves down. Also cut your son back on the carbs and starch foods and keep him away from anything with nutra sweet in it because that can sometimes trigger sz. because nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain. Also if your son uses a cell phone that can also trigger a sz. for some people because they may be sensitive to the radio frequency that the cell phone uses. I found this out when a lot of people around me were using cell phones at work all at the same time and then I started to have sz.
Another thing Drs. are studying right now is the electronic smart boards teachers have in the classroom the brightness on the board along with the radio frequency is causing sz. in some students. I wish you and your family only the best of luck and May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (10-16-2014)