View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 07:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Cure or remission

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioniosiv View Post
Agree on the word "cure;" however, anything (not just RSD) has the POTENTIAL to happen at any time.

I could say I was in "remission" from death - does that make me any less alive?
My pain management Dr and I have this conversation when I go in for my Ketamine infusions...he says he has seen Pt's CRPS "burn out" after a few years. I ask him to clarify that meaning...do they get "cured" or do they going into remission. He finally answered with, they go into remission, hopefully permanent.

My physical medicine Dr does Neuroprolotherapy on Wounded Warriors after desensitization physical therapy which includes acupuncture in the ear, paraffin baths, hot sand baths,tactile desensitizing and much more...she put me in this program and after a high dose (500mg) 1 day Ketamine infusion then the PT program, my CRPS is doing really good!! So well I can now wear a shoe!( CRPS in my right foot/ankle) I will also be able to have the prolotherapy done next month( tiny needles injecting D5...5% dextrose around the nerves to my CRPS foot. Dextrose is basically sugar water...nerves, especially damaged nerves love sugar. It is a 4-8 week treatment). She has had great success with the prolotherapy and CRPS in the Wounded Warriors...in fact she has one guy who had CRPS in his foot/leg and after the above therapy, he is now back to running with no issues. She has NO problem saying it is a cure for some people and a remission for others. Each person's case/ disease is different.

Hope is out there...it may be in the military hospitals now, but it will be out there to all some day.

What is out there now, is the power of one's mind to push thru each painful day.

I like your vision!

Terri
TerriLHF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (10-16-2014), visioniosiv (10-17-2014)