View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I could not be still, bed to chair, stand until too tired,back to chair,etc. I am saying I felt like a rat trapped in a corner and someone was poking at me with a stick. I folded and took the medication and life became more tolerable. Yes its a relationship, but you are not crushing,cooking and shooting the stuff! The Dr. is not going to keep you "high" all the time, they have it down to a science. Depression mixed w/anger was my state and my Dr. TOLD me to take one every six hrs. w/ 2 per day max. I hope you find a way to cope that you can live with. I can now forget to take my pain med and not miss it for about 3 hrs. Not much to smile about but it's better than a poke in the eye w/ a sharp stick. Good Luck, Ken in Texas
I have to agree with you. We all have to try many avenues and see what works for us. I avoid opiates like the plague until this last flare. It was the only thing that got me though it. I have gotten down to one a day now. I just started Elavil and I'm hoping it works so I can stop the opiates.

I will use them again if needed. I couldn't stand being stuck in bed in pain all day,
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote