View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear sir,
I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation. It's not fun. Why do you think the H1N1 vaccine caused your PN? Do you know of other cases where this happened? Remember that because two things happen at about the same time does not mean that one caused the other.

I am concerned with you linking your identity with the H1N1 vaccine so strongly that you made it your username. I think you need to let that go, at least for yourself. If you want to be an activist against H1N1 vaccine, I could see that, but I don't see that it matters whether it caused your PN. Possibly unless there is still a substance from that vaccine lingering in your body. A person can get so obsessed with a notion that it blocks progress.

You need to find a competent clinic that is versed in the couple hundred causes of PN, such as Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, John Hayes at NeuropathyDr, & there are others. Have them do their best to find a cause. A general neurologist does not know how to do this. Then you can know you did what you could in this respect.

I like your diet, except I believe you should eliminate animal products all together. Many studies show that they increase risk of chronic disease. You said "My diet consists of 90 percent foods in their natural state," for which I commend you very much, probably better than what I do. What is the other 10%? For example if it were Lucky Charms & corn oil then I am concerned. I have been making a concerted effort to eat a good diet for several years now and I believe it has slowed greatly the progress of the PN. So keep it up. Many books explaining the benefits.

Many of your supplements look great. Remember that not all brands are the same. Sometimes it's not best to get the cheapest. I have found that alpha-lipoic acid and evening primrose oil reduce my pain levels. Possibly the methylcobalamin as well.

Exercise is very important, so don't forget that.
Ron
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote