View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
of course i'm skeptical, not sure if negative is the correct word. i've been trying a lot of what he describes for years, even started eating peppers - yes, i saw the article about peppers - and i keep getting worse. and his pd drug regime just sounded strange, 1200mg C/L CR + comtan + azilect is a weird combo imho, that amount of CR is just too unpredictable and then you add COMTAN and then you add in azilect? hard to believe a MDS would prescribe that combination. plus he is still taking pd and ET drugs but doesn't mention the dosages? i was getting good symptom control on less than 300mg/day of C/L 5 years after diagnosis, so yes, i'd like to know what meds he is taking.
he included the web site of his business so he is getting attention for that.
i could go over his presentation point by point and give a counter-point to everything he is saying but it woudn't change anyone's opinion.

so are you going to start juicing eggplant? how much does a one day's eggplant cost vs smoking 1 cigarette?

he put some effort into that presentation, how hard would it have been to post some verification that he was diagnosed with pd by a MDS - just cross out the doctor name on his medical records, his pharmacy profile - any pharmacy will print out your profile, you just have to cross out the pharmacy and doctor names to protect them. i would never try to push some treatment that has very little scientific basis without offering proof that i had pd, why bother?
Eggplant is a member of the solanaceae plants which produce alkaloids which have anticholinergic properties. thus it's probably like taking a dose of artane, i would guess
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote