View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 02:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba76 View Post
hown do suggest I go about getting something done about my problem with the pressure around where the pump is at to get a Dr to believe all they will say is that the shunt is working properly?
Hey Bubba, I've had similar problems with NS not believing there was a problem. So the next time I had a problem, I didn't bother saying anything. The next surgeon went off his head at me for not following up because there was a problem. After he operated again, I've had further problems, so I returned AGAIN and this time I'm told 'there's nothing wrong'.
It seems that if the patient has a problem, don't worry. But if the scans show a problem, then they will act. Presently my scans are clear but the pressure I am feeling is far from OK, but the dr's don't seem all that interested. So I'm sorry to say but, like me, you're stuck. The NS community is very small and trying to get another 'independent' opinion, can be near impossible. I know this as I have tried. Best of luck, let us know how you get on
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote