View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 07:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey there ger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Thanks for the update.

A little "off topic", but forceps were used for the birth of my first born. I think it is more difficult for the baby. My daughter had a slight mark on both cheeks where the forceps were used. There have been times where injury resulted for the baby; especially when the forceps were used on the temples. I never had epidurals for the birth of any of my three children either.

Did have a series of epidural injections (light sedation) for my lower spine early on with my Pain Management doctor. They did not help. I, myself, had a failed trial SCS. PM doctor wanted me to try another trial. I explained my fears of having a permanent SCS implanted and was not willing to have an implant; so another trial would be of no use.

I had spinal fusion (rods/screws/laminectomy) so am not able to have MRI's, but did have a myleogram which is very informative.

Have had the same PM doctor for the past 4-5 years. What has helped the most to deal with painful spine issues, along with PN of the legs and feet is narcotic meds (Oxycontin and Oxycodone(Percocet) for break thru pain) .

I don't know if you have tried the Morton Epsom Lotion (purchased at Walgreens and recommended by Mrs. D); but when my ankles and feet burn to almost the point of tears; applying the Morton Epson Lotion to those areas really tones down the burning. Also, the Lidoderm (prescription)patches (I usually cut in half) are very useful for the spine pain. Both of these items can be used in other areas of the body as well.

Hope family is doing well.

Gerry
Gerry you are so sweet Thanks for taking the time to read my 'long' post.

Back to forceps.....my mom said they caused the sides of my brothers head to be wavy.....maybe that is what's wrong with him ! Nope...wish I could blame his being an a-hole on that.....I think it's a specific line of family blood. I've seen his 'issues' in many other relatives of the same blood line. My son is the newest and has stepped away from us and his sister and her family.

I'm hoping that I struck gold with the first PM clinic that actually looked and felt like what I thought it should.

I do use the Morton's lotion. I think it helps sometimes and other times not. I have a lot of trouble with the outside of my left foot....That bone sticks out a little more than it should and will swell slightly but boy is it painful. The lotion didn't quiet it down last night. But I will keep using it. I have noticed when my ankles get that crampy feeling that the lotion soothes them.

That spinal fusion sounds scary as I am chicken with anything having to do with the back....oh....I've already established that above haven't I ?

I thought my son 'taking a break' from this part of the family would really bother me. He was a 'call his mom' at least 3 times a day son. And he just quit....I've only seen in once since the week of June 20th. When he and his 3rd wife got together and then married everything was great, fun, loving and so on for about 5 years. Then slowly things started changing....felt like I was walking on egg shells around them. And I HATE that feeling. We do text back and forth every few weeks and tell each other we love one another but that's about the extent of it. I do feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders since they are not in and out of the house all week and weekend long. Is that terrible of me ?

Boy did I get off the subject. Anyway.....I'm going to try this patch for a month and then go back and discuss with pain dr.

Take care.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (10-17-2014), ger715 (10-17-2014), Kitt (10-17-2014), Susanne C. (10-17-2014)