View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevo61 View Post
I did remember reading all your postings about remission and I did get some parts and others where kind of confusing but at the end ,I know remission can be accomplished ,working hard and putting a lot of efforts.
Question , are you getting flares once in a while or nothing at all?
It had been weeks for me already not being able to control my flares and my scs works but is not enough , meditations, light yoga,music, nothing had work and even got a huge headaches ,not migraine ,also painsomnia ,stress is so much part of my life the last weeks and my body finally said no more,how can I get days of relief? Today's was one of my worse days ever ,I never recall a day so bad ,any way you can help me please?
Thanks so much from Jesika .
Hi Jesika,

No flares for more than a year now. The pain and redness went away in the middle of the night last August. I woke up at 3am and took pictures of my feet. I'll PM pictures to you if you want to see some before and after of some (ugly) RSD free feet

When the pain got to unbearable levels for me, all I did was try to occupy my attention elsewhere in any way I could. But that didn't give me relief-it only got me through to the next day. What did help me when I was laying in bed, and it was just me and the pain, was to go back into my favorite childhood memories and relive them over and over in my mind as vividly as possible - images, feelings, smells, sounds, tastes.... everything. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread202210.html

At my lowest point, when I resigned myself to the fact that I was alone in this and terrified and faced my own helplessness... I just wanted someone to understand, to comfort me. I broke down and reached out to God for the first time in my life but heard nothing but blankness. I called my mom just to have someone to talk to and she didn't say much at all. No comfort, no "It's going to be OK," or "You'll get through this," no "I'm here for you," not anything like that.

She just listened to me, and told me that what helps her in a personal crisis is to think of others less fortunate than her, put herself in their shoes, and reach out to them and try to help them. I didn't know it then, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. A higher power was listening the whole time; I just wasn't paying attention.

Jesika You are already doing that here and We are all blessed for it. You do not know how many lives you've changed for the better. But you will. Until that moment please know that you've changed mine.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (10-20-2014)