View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got very involved helping my Dad with our genealogy several years ago, found our Abel forefather, presumed German, was actually an Abell from England via 1650 Maryland! Most all of my lines trace back to England, Scotland or Ireland except my paternal Grandmother's, which is German. But my hypermobility and connective tissue disorder come from my Mother's father's side - arms and legs longer than proportionate, loose in small and large joints, smooth skin, easy bruising, visible veins on chest, feet, back of hands, small jaw, large teeth, high arch to roof of mouth. With all these anomalies, what's an extra scalene?

Not great farming in Scotland and Ireland. The clans raised cattle in Scotland, and in Ireland I think each family grew what they needed to live on, til the British came in and put sheep on their fields. Then it was sheepherding and potatoes. So what accounts for the long limbs? Hmm, wonder if any of my illustrious ancestors ever fell afoul of the Inquisition? Maybe some forefather was put on the rack for "misplacing" a lamb? "I swear, guv'nor, I've no idee where the wee little lad could have run off too. What's that? Nay, that's not fresh grease stains on me shirt, me good-for-nothin' missus hasna done the washin for weeks, ya see."

I'll bet that's it! Hey, at least it's a theory - the learned medical establishment hasn't come up with any for me so far, so this is better than none. I like it, and I'm sticking with it - at least till I come up with an even better one!

beth

Hmmm....maybe something to do with Druids....yeah, that's got possibilities....
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote