Old 10-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneczka View Post
Could someone please tell me, what kind of vitamin B12 and how much
of it should I take? This thread is a long one, and I (literally) don't have the nerves to go through it all now, though my question might have been answered there.

Right now, I have 2 kinds of pills on my desk:

1. neurobion , which is 100 mg B1 + 200 mg B6 + 200 mg B12

2. megasorb vitamin B complex, which is a lot of things, including 50 mg vitamin B 12 (as cyanocobalamin, whatever that means), and 400 mg folic acid.

Hard choice, I have no idea which one is better, and how much of it I can safely take.

I could also maybe buy just B12 in a standalone form, they probably do sell it? Would that be better?

Cheers

Hi again. Forget about anything that says Cyanocobalimin. You want to get Methylcobalimin. I myself have taken 5000 every single morning for about 7 to 8 years now. I buy it off the internet at Puritan's Pride. They give really good deals. Like buying 2 bottles and getting 3 for free. I do not know if they ship to another country. But I do know that Methylcobalimin Or Methyl B12 (as we call it) is the kind of B-12 that you should be putting in your body. It nipped my neuropathy symtoms for good.

If you take cyanocobalimin, your body converts it into Methyl and you won't be getting a great deal. It's a large molecule. That's why I take 5000 every morning, on an empty stomach. It dissolves under my tongue.

I have had no side effects and I sleep quite well. And if you run this by your doctor be prepared to hear "Oh, I don't believe in B-12 therapy, it's a lot of nonsense, etc. etc". Remember, doctors practice medicine, they do not practice nutrition. We get B-12 from meat. We'd have to eat A LOT OF MEAT to get a good amount. I don't eat meat. Even if I did, I would continue to take my Methyl B-12 each and every day. Others will come along and advise you also. All the best

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aneczka (10-17-2014), Marie33 (10-23-2014)