View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm glad they were able to get the blocks scheduled...sucks that you have to wait but that's usually fairly typical in my experience.

I would strongly recommend desensitization therapy for the hypersensitivity. I am extremely sensitive to touch, cold, etc...and this helped me a lot. Don't get me wrong...it was hellish to go through...but I can now wear normal clothes (though I'm still sensitive and pretty picky about fabrics) and more importantly I can handle wearing things that prevent the worst triggers like gloves, scarves (which I hate but protect my neck which is extremely sensitive to air movements), and Omni-heat undershirts in the winter (these help me a lot so I don't get too cold). The desensitization therapy made that possible because I was SO sensitive to touch that I couldn't wear anything for a while except EXTREMELY loose t-shirts (like 3-4 sizes bigger than what I normally wear). Hard to function and live a normal life when you can't even wear normal clothes...something about normal clothes that help my mental health too and make me just feel better.

Did the bucket of warm water help? I hope so. Other things to maybe consider trying would be a heated blanket/throw (stores should be carrying those again now), heating pad, and even those heating patches like therma-care (I normally buy the generic ones and buy the "neck" ones because they are easier to wrap around my arm, ankle, etc)...and I love my space heater because it helps me a lot without having to have anything actually touching me (though my boyfriend now wears shorts year round in the house if we're in the same room together...lol).

Hope you start to see some improvement soon. Keep trying different things and try to keep track of what helps, what hurts, etc...no matter how small. Having an arsenal of tricks up your sleeve to help with the pain...no matter how small...is something that helps me so much. I use various combinations to get through the day and deal with pain flare ups.

Good luck and I hope the blocks give you some additional relief!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote