View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 11:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've done well enough with clothing that I am now comfortable wearing some clothes. I can wear soft clothing that isn't constricting without issue. What I can't stand (and doubt I'll ever be able to) is a bra or shoes. A bra is sheer torture, it's like having someone wrap a wire across my shoulder and hang off it. It doesn't help that I'm well endowed, so I can't really leave the house without one. I know surgery is bad, but I'm actually considering surgery to simply chop them off and get fakes so they're perma-perky so I can skip the bra and not look like a freak and be comfy out of the house. Won't help with shoes, but it'll help enough that it could make it possible for me to look for part time work.

Anywho... what has really helped with clothes has been to shop for the softest possible clothes I can get my hands on. I am one of those "always" cold people so I'm always either dressed or wrapped in a fluffy blankie at home. It made a huge difference (after a few years) that now keeps me from suffering when I wear my preferred clothes. I can even wear soft jeans now with only mild discomfort.

So if you start with the least uncomfortable or least painful, you may find that with time you'll eventually be able to tolerate things you never thought you'd be able to. Just know that it may be faster for some than others and be patient.

Celiac DX Dec 2012; over 30 years symptoms to DX
CRPS DX March 2014; 5 years, 1 month from first symptom to DX
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (10-19-2014)