View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Yes, anxious people can convince themselves that they have everything from concussion to cancer.

However, TBI patients, especially those with no premorbid history of anxiety/depression should resist - with every fibre of their being - any attempt by lazy/ignorant clinicians to make this the default diagnosis.

Your injury was very mild (not that very real TBI can't result from that), mine wasn't. I was in a serious, high speed MVA. I have anxiety and depression because of my TBI. I don't have TBI symptoms because of anxiety and depression.

In your case, the anxiety was diagnosed by a neuro-psychologist. If, after doing a neuro-psych, mine had told me my TBI symptoms were the product of anxiety, I would have believed her. However, I would never accept that diagnosis of the basis of x-rays and a standard MRI. That would be like saying I don't have throat cancer because I have no cavities. Those tests aren't even close to adequate, let alone conclusive.

As I said, I am sincerely happy that your TBI symptoms have been identified as a manifestation of your anxiety. However, you are the EXCEPTION, not the rule.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Estreetfan (10-19-2014), Lara (10-19-2014), MicroMan (01-07-2016), thorx89 (10-19-2014)