View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 08:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bras were one of the hardest for me too...I had to use a lot of Lidoderm patches under the straps and stuff where it was the worst for a long time (I would cut the patches up and use the smaller pieces where I needed them vs one large patch). But eventually I was able to work up to a tolerance for the bras...at least for a limited amount of time...there are still times where it's a complete no-go though...lol!

For me...desensitization focused a lot more of different textures...especially different kinds of fabrics. We also used feathers, rice, etc...but I found the fabrics were the important thing to get me back in clothing. We played around with different amounts of pressure. It really was a painful therapy but totally worth it for me.

Shoes...oh how I miss my gym shoes...but I've managed to find stuff that works for me. I mostly wear ballet flat style shoes these days (with nice athletic shoe type soles on them). They're easy to get into and out of and don't touch the parts of my foot/ankle where the pain is the worst. Very important to get ones that are soft though and that will stretch as needed. I got some new shoes just a few months ago because my old ones were just run into the ground and with also being pregnant I needed shoes that didn't hurt my feet. I'd been eyeing these shoes on amazon.com for a couple of years but I hate spending a lot of money on a pair of shoes...but decided to bite the bullet and just get them. They're the Maha Breathe flats by Patagonia...they are WONDERFUL. Right out of the box I was able to wear them and they were so comfy...with breathable mesh all around the sides and they definitely stretch out with my swelling feet...and they are SUPER light. I seriously thought the box was empty when I got it in the mail...that's how light they are.

They don't work out well if it's cold or raining though...so for those times I actually have some knitted Ugg boots. Another splurge on shoes I didn't want to make (especially since I think they are hideous)...but honestly it was a great purchase for me last year. They are toasty warm and comfy. Only issue I have with them is if my ankles swell then it's hard to wear them because of where the ankle seam is on the boots...but it's not usually a problem. There's plenty of room in there for swollen feet...but the ankles are a tight fit...just depends.

But boy...I do miss my gym shoes. I'm a total jeans and t-shirt with gym shoes girl...but I gave away something like 40 pairs of gym shoes a couple years ago when I came to terms with the fact that I just couldn't wear them anymore. I still try some on every once in a while to see if I can find a pair that doesn't hit me in the wrong place and have only found one style of the years...and the company that made them close so I can't get anymore.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote