View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 12:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bad Day Frogga

Dear Frogga,
Boy, you are really having a bad day. I know the toilet thing can be tough to do properly especially if your balance is off. Maybe you could get some type of commode toilet to keep in your bedroom and just hang in there until your balance gets back.I had Lidocaine IV done in June 2006 and I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow because later I fainted and could not leave my bed for 5 days. I used a comode and I hated it but it was the best thing for me to do since everytime I got up I would start to pass out because my blood pressure was too low. I am on the waiting list at the doctors for the Ketamine IV in-patient procedure,which I hear is supposed to be much toughier than the Lidocaine procedure. Are the pills you take now a follow-up to the Ketamine IV treatment you had previously?? Just curious so I know what to look for when I get it done within the next 6 months to a year.

I feel for you being in bed so much because I have just spent about 2 1/2 years in bed too. I've just learned that I can't do a thing about it so I make the best out of everything. I find humor and prayers get me through this RSD nightmare. You have to keep your mind focused on getting better and being stronger. I now say to heck with everyone else and do the best I can each day. Sure there are days I want to jump off a bridge from the pain...but there are no bridges around here and I can't even drive a car to get there:.) So, I keep moving on. I pray that your days are getting better as I pray for everyone on this web site.
Take care,
Kathy d.
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote