View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 06:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
Hey Hockey. I've been looking at episodes of the 1995-2000, "The Outer limits". I like science fiction. To me science fiction should have some space adventures,but they don't show them anymore either. The Sci-fi channel is now the syfy channel,and it's gone down hill like allot of these other cable shows have. They even show wrestling on the syfy channel.

Some of the best movies have been shown,over,and over,and over again. It seems like we see the same movies over a period of two,to three years. Then they bring back some older ones,and show them over,and over,and over again.

I mean really!!! Do they think that we don't notice? BF
My hubby is a huge SciFi fan. Have you ever seen the old British series Sapphire and Steel? It's posted on YouTube. It has cheap production values, and a slow start, but if you stick with it, it is very much scifi for thinking people. It stars the incomparable Joanna Lumley.

The 60s scifi series The Invaders, is also worth a look, but I'm not sure if it's still on YouTube.

The old Twilight Zone had a lot of scifi themed episodes, too. There's a fascinating one with Agnes Moorehead that has almost no dialogue.

As for old films, the Day the Earth Stood Still and the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers are both brilliant.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-20-2014), Brokenfriend (10-20-2014), Dmom3005 (10-20-2014), Mari (10-20-2014)