View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1N1Guy View Post
The neuropathy began within a month of receiving the H1N1 vaccine. It was not immediate and it was only years later that I put these two things together, but the internet is full of tales that are similar to that of my own.

I am having tremendous difficulty letting go and forgiving myself.

I had been going to Vanderbilt University for several years before last year I gave up as nothing was going on except a physical exam and medication renewals. I am getting ready to see another neurologist who has a good reputation in the community. I will hope for the best. I just can't afford to travel out of state to somewhere like Cleveland Clinic.

When I say 90% in relation to food, the other 10% consists primarily of things like crackers and pastas, all of which are organic. I am obsessed with organic and Non-GMO.

If you have any other supplement recommendations of things you are taking I would love to hear them. Perhaps you could recommend some superior vendors. I generally use vitacost and bulksupplements.com.
Guy, If in fact the vaccine caused your PN, you should have no resentment toward yourself, only toward the medical system in the U.S., which is not doing a very good job. I'm sure you thought you were doing the right thing. Just don't get into such a mindset that you ignore other possible causes. Did you say you had your blood sugar tested, and B-12?

Organic and non-GMO is a great idea, but be careful of carbohydrates from processed foods. Not good for you. I have a hard time with this as well. I love sweets, especially dark chocolate and Boston Baked Beans (candy coated peanuts).

You may want to get tested for the toxins found in the H1N1 vaccine to see of they are still in your body. If this is not practical, look into detoxification (detox) techniques, which are widely discussed in health circles. There are coffee enemas, sauna, chelation therapies, Gerson, etc. The most important detox IMHO is a whole food plant based diet. The body already knows how to eliminate toxins, if we give it what it needs and withhold what sabotages the works, such as sugar, animal protein, and processed oils.

I use Jarrow Alpha-Lipoic Sustain (600 mg per day) and TwinLab evening primrose oil (2600 mg per day). I trust these two brands. If you search this forum, there are other brands that others trust. IMHO you don't usually want the cheapest.

See beatingneuropathy.com podcasts. Maybe you are near one of Dr. John Hayes' clinics. He is based in Massachusetts but has several other clinics in the U.S.
Ron
Electron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote