View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
No hearing date yet, my congressman and even when I call 800 number for social security are amazed at time line of this case. I ask this question if I am denied again. I've been with binder and binder 8 years and 2 months, I might be eligible for a pension from them.
You should have hired a new attorney when you started the new application.

At the AC stage either B&B and/or the new attorney can request a higher fee than the $6000 max, so IF the new attorney feels the ALJ you haven't seen yet makes a legal error in her ruling, and that your case is strong enough to eventually win, they should be willing to take you on.

Your timeline is really not that unusual. And I know you like to think of it has having taking 8 years, but you should be starting the clock after you started your second application.

Without the right evidence of a severe enough disability you could spend 10 years fighting for benefits and ultimately be denied.

You need to focus on preparing for the ALJ hearing. Go through this forum on SSDfacts if you haven't already. http://ssdfacts.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote