Thread: Root canal
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Vowel lady,

This xray is a little light but it appears that teeth #30 and 31 both have large areas of decay. Number #30 appears to have decay to the right of the restoration which looks like it has gone underneath the restoration as well and possibly into the pulp chamber. Tooth #31 has a large area of decay that has gone into the pulp chamber.

If the clinical pathology is the same as it appears on this film then her options for both of these teeth would be root canal or extraction.

I'm sorry to deliver that news.... I wish she would think twice about her options before making a decision.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Don't know if this x-ray will come out.
A relative was just told she needs a root canal of tooth #30.
I don't trust dentists or their off shoot "professionals."
Bryanna, If you can see the image I just tried to down load, can you tell me if this tooth is indeed "in trouble?"
The consultation is this morning. I just hope he doesn't talk her into doing it right away.
BTW, she had another consultation and was told the cost would be close to $1000 on top of her dental insurance.
She is not particularly interested in removal or implant.
I'm at a loss right this second...come to think of it...I think I'm going to call her right now and tell her to listen to the endo. but don't do a thing. This endo. is on her dental plan and "allegedly" the cost is less. I'm just very sad about the entire ordeal. I spoke to her dentist and he said it was "too far gone" for a filling. So, how does it look to you?
Thank you.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote