View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 05:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi K. Haskins,

Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry that you and your family had to go through this hard time. If I may ask was your husband aware of what he was doing at the time or was it part of his seizure (sz.). My advice to you and your husband is to get him to an Epileptologist along with finding out if his sz. meds are causing him to have a temper. I know when I took keppra it made me have a hot temper. Another thing your husband should do is start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day the vitamin B12 calms the nerves down so the neurons won't fire up so much triggering sz. and a temper.
Have your husband see a neuropsychologist and they can do tests on him to find out what is causing this temper to fire up. In the mean time have your husband do cold water therapy and that's when you put a cold washcloth on your face and the back of your neck 3 times a day at the same time or anytime you feel a sz. start up. By doing this it calms the neurons down and often it will stop sz. because the neurons in the brain won't be so warm after placing the cold washcloth on your face and the back of your neck. I wish you and your family only the best of luck and May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (10-23-2014)