View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I have been taking Tecfidera since March 21, 2014. I'm in my 7th month.

Like Sparky I have had the minor flushing side effect but it's much less severe now and hardly ever happens anymore.

When taking Tec you must have your blood checked at least once a year. My Neuro does it every 6 months.

Tec is supposed to lessen the frequency of flare ups so you really won't notice an improvement but you will notice the frequency of flare ups will be less. Guess that can be considered an improvement.

Some folks have had GI side effects (diarrhea, nausea and cramping). I have not had that side effect. The flushing occurs most often when I don't eat before taking my pill. It's tolerable although uncomfortable. Feels like a sunburn but does go away.

I hope your insurance will cover the Tecfidera. It's very expensive. I have only Medicare so I've been fortunate enough to qualify for Patient Assistance through Biogen.

Good luck!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rajkp (10-22-2014), SallyC (10-22-2014)