View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Emotionless 5 and a half years after concussion

Hi all this is my first post to the forum. As the title suggests, I had a concussion playing football in the Spring of 2009. I really don't remember anything about it other than the sky being orange once I came to but have no other memories from that day or the day after. Based on what the other players were saying I was clearly concussed and I was saying things that made no sense and I was very angry.

The football coach didn't send me to the trainer and I finished practice however stood on the sideline most of the time based on others accounts. I had trouble with academic for about a year after that and all of my friends say my personality changed. I haven't felt really any emotions since then. I don't really get happy, sad, stressed, worried, or anything.

I had surgery Friday on my arm and they put me on oxy as a pain killer and when I take it I feel alive again. I don't feel like a zombie and I actually get excited about things and feel things I haven't felt in so long. It was so so nice. Another thing is that I get ticked off so easily when people do the smallest things. I don't remember if I used to do that or not but I figured I'd mention it.

Is this just me or is this a legit problem. I want to feel emotion again. I don't want to feel like I don't care about anything. I tried mentioning this to my mother a couple of years ago that I didn't feel right anymore and she just told me well you seem right so I'm sure nothing is wrong. Are there others going through this and is there anything I can do to feel normal again?

Thanks
BishopRealTalk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote