View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalker View Post
Trust your instincts and see someone. While your family and friends may be sympathetic, it is unlikely they really understand what you have experienced (I could never have imagined going through anything like this). You might consider finding a mental health provider who specializes in PTSD, chronic pain or CRPS (if you can). Apparently 90% of patients with chronic pain have depression +/- anxiety, so this is a normal part of the process (not that the process is normal). I can't speak to the efficacy of a SCS, but common things being common, you may have a flare or some other injury in the future. Having a plan in place for dealing with that can reduce some of the anxiety and may reduce the impact of the flare. Dr. Michael Moskowitz (Neuroplastix) emphasizes this. However, I really do not want to diminish the trauma you have experienced and the importance of getting help to heal from it.
Kind regards.
Thank you that is great advice! I'm excited for new things to be happening. When I was on pain medication I felt stuck and depressed. I'm so happy to have hope again. I'm moving to Nevada in a week. I'm going to start physical therapy there and therapy. I would love to find a therapist who specializes with patients who have chronic pain. This is the only place where I feel like people understand and really understand how hard this is. It's amazing to not feel alone anymore.
Keekans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote