View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I think it is more of a decompensation. My rapid head movements cause a metallic taste in my mouth and other concussion symptoms that can last for an extended period of time. If the symptoms are momentary, say just a few minutes, I don't think you have anything to worry about other than the uncomfortableness of the event. .

Thanks Mark for the input! Since you seem very experienced in this topic of concussions I
have something I have been wondering about regarding concussions. I tend to connect conc ussions with brain bleeds and being quite urgent to get checked out,

and of course if the injury is big the ER is important, but for minor bumps and movements like I described above, are they really urgent if some concussion symptoms arise, I mean is there normally a risk of brain bleeds in those scenarios or more just uncomfortable symptoms?

I think I am so quick to think all concussions/concussion symptoms mean danger, maybe they don't(unless the obvious bleed symptons arise)? Maybe it's SAFE for me to just relax even if I bump my head slightly or shake it a little too much one time, would you say it is a good idea to just let go of the idea of it being dangerus until I clearly feel like I'm in real physical danger?

This may sound obvious or odd to you, but since I've never really been familiar with feelings of safety it's hard for me to decide by myself when situations actually are safe for real or not...
enoko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote