Thread: STS Machine
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 07:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default trigger points

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo55 View Post
I wonder if it is like the Interferential stimulation machines?
the power signals interfere with each other so less chance of tingle/zap, stinging. These work deeper into the muscles/tissue too.

When my chiro got his INF stim he asked if they could use me as a guinea pig LOL - the tech/trainer for the stim company was there to train him.
The tech had him start at a fairly high setting instead of starting low and working up to my tolerance level. But they listened to me and turned it down fast.
A few times later I let him turn it so it was really flexing my muscles- it didn't hurt but I ended up with triggerpoints afterward-so lesson learned.
One time it flexed my shoulder muscles so much I thought it was gonna pop out of the socket.
So now we just keep it to low levels so it feels like a wonderful full back massage.
But in my case it's for the TOS and myofascial pain- so I don't know how it would apply to cases of RSD.

any time they turn any of those electric stimulator's up too high you will feel zapping , shock or stinging.

If you do it and you feel it is too high of a setting- demand they turn it down- just because those settings are the norm doesn't mean everyone can tolerate it.

I have a cheap muscle stim {EMS} for home use and it pretty much only works on the surface of the muscles compared to the INF stim my chiro uses.
hello, what exactly are trigger points and how did this cause them? thanks, jenny ( i am curious because i'm thinking about seeing chiropractor but not sure if i should? kind of scared) thanks, jenny
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote