View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 01:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Methylcobalimin & Neuropathy

[QUOTE=MelodyL;1103670]Hi again. Forget about anything that says Cyanocobalimin. You want to get Methylcobalimin. I myself have taken 5000 every single morning for about 7 to 8 years now. I buy it off the internet at Puritan's Pride. They give really good deals. Like buying 2 bottles and getting 3 for free. I do not know if they ship to another country. But I do know that Methylcobalimin Or Methyl B12 (as we call it) is the kind of B-12 that you should be putting in your body. It nipped my neuropathy symtoms for good.

If you take cyanocobalimin, your body converts it into Methyl and you won't be getting a great deal. It's a large molecule. That's why I take 5000 every morning, on an empty stomach. It dissolves under my tongue.

I have had no side effects and I sleep quite well. And if you run this by your doctor be prepared to hear "Oh, I don't believe in B-12 therapy, it's a lot of nonsense, etc. etc". Remember, doctors practice medicine, they do not practice nutrition. We get B-12 from meat. We'd have to eat A LOT OF MEAT to get a good amount. I don't eat meat. Even if I did, I would continue to take my Methyl B-12 each and every day. Others will come along and advise you also. All the best

Hi MelodyL
I like your post. My B12 blood level is 1500. I still take 1000 mcg Methylcobalimin as a maintenance. Your right about Doctors, My Neurologist always says: My B12 is too high , stop taking it. But after reading posts on here for the last two years I am convinced its ok to keep taking it. Unfortunately I cant say it has helped my small fiber neuropathy symptoms (yet!).
Could you please explain further what you mean by it nipped your neuropathy symptoms for good.That is wonderful! Did you have a vit B12 deficiency? Was that your cause? Mine is still Idiopathic. Still looking for a cause and something good , supplements or meds to help with this pain.
Thank you in advance..
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (10-23-2014)